Today, the sun shone brightly after two days of rain. The ground was soft and was easy to dig and prepare the soil. Here’s a photo of the site dug to a depth of about 0.6 m after de-weeding and removing stones. This site is right under the window. I prepared to accept plants that would grow creep upward on nets.
I have already strung the nets above the window (see other photos) so that they drop down in front of the plants at a slant angle. I added organic fertilizer (two varieties) and neem, mixed them with the soil and filled up the hole.
To get rid of weeds growing around the plants, I decided to lay newspapers lengthwise along the dugout. The idea is that weeds under the newspapers are likely to die because of lack of sunlight. Let me see how this works.
Next, here is a photo showing the dug-out part filled up after mixing soil, fertiilizers and neem. I laid newspapers all all along to prevent weeds from growing.
The next photo shows cucumber, mini-tomato, bitter gourd and zucchini planted in the prepared soil, and the nets in place.
Have a great day!